Tagged by: sleepdepravity kinda sorta but I WANNA DO IT SO LET’S GO
Rules: Find out what characters share the same personality type as you here and list the characters that you find relevant below. Then tag five friends and let them know you tagged them!
AHA FINALLY AN ASK MEME I CAN GET BEHIND! Thanks Malky. :3
…and after like an hour of personally critiquing the MBTI TV Tropes page with “What no, you are not an ENFP, please leave,” I’ve decided to heck with it, I’m just gonna go.
Also, I’m gonna define “relevant” as characters that I either identify with or like a lot (or both).
- Numbuh 3 from Codename: Kids Next Door (She and Lilo were pretty much the characters that made me appreciate my black hair growing up)
- Anna from Frozen (I have two older siblings that cut me out of their lives a long time ago. That plus introvert parents that homeschooled me and I’ve developed a pretty deep appreciation for “For the First Time in Forever [I won’t be alone])
- Sayaka Miki from Madoka Magica (Her “fighting the pain away,” until it gave way to apathy very much struck a chord with me and I’ve stuggled with the selfless act paradox before too)
- Sulley from Monsters Inc/University (I definitely have trouble with the “never try, never fail” mentality as well as coasting on “natural” abilities)
- Pinkie Pie from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (Pinkie is my spirit pony for too many reasons to list)
- Tamaki Suoh from Ouran Highschool Host Club (CHEERFULNESS IS NOT STUPIDITY. REPEAT: CHEERFULNESS IS NOT STUPIDITY. We also both have that, must not show true negative emotions ever thing)
- Ash Ketchum from Pokémon (mostly because I just really like Pokémon)
- Beast Boy from Teen Titans (favorite main titan by far)
THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN
- finding someone aesthetically pleasing
- being sexually attracted to someone
- being romantically attracted to someone
lifethrucrystallizedeyes asked: How would you describe the fundamental difference between a 3w4 and a 4w3, apart from the obvious theoretical explanation of the wing being less dominant? (so in terms of how the two may manifest differently in reality.)
They basically borrow the tactics of the other.
4w3 seeks to become unique. It looks to further differentiate itself through achievement, taking on some of the dynamics and work ethic of the typical 3. Ultimately though, that achievement is meant to lay testament to their overall uniqueness. They achieve to show how unique they are in comparison to everyone else, 3 tactics serving to mold them into an anomaly.
It is the opposite for the 3w4. In a world so competitive and hostile, the tried and true methods may only land the type a mediocre position. As such, a degree of 4-ish nonconformity prompts the type to seek out more creative routes and methodologies, resulting in substantial differentiation from the pack. That differentiation however, is used to place them ahead of the pack. The type is still primarily concerned with achievement.
4 is an introverted type, but the 3 wing adds a degree of extroversion, creating a type that is more cheerful and upbeat than the melancholic 4w5.
3 is an extroverted type, but the 4 wing adds a degree of introversion, creating a type that is more self observant and aloof than the typical Wolf on Wall Street 3w2.
(4w3 will still experience emotional turbulence and 3w4 will still display some materialism.)
The wing is a part of their identity, not just a tool in the purest sense. 4w3s value achievement and will push themselves to accomplish their goals, working to scale overwhelming obstacles. 3w4 has aesthetic sensibilities that give rise to creative inclinations outside of their standard pragmatism. Really, the wing just influences the way they go about satisfying their core desire, which is why I said they “borrow” each others tactics. By that I mean they employ some key features of the other without prioritizing them into the core desire slot.
A 4w3 will put in overtime. A 3w4 will wander around an art gallery. They’re still concerned with uniqueness and achievement more than everything else respectively.
*As a bonus, my girlfriend is 4w3 - I think she’s too bubbly, she’s think I’m too cold.